Saturday, April 2, 2011

My heart.

You know that feeling you get when you have a really big crush on or are in  love with someone? You're constantly wanting to talk to them or about them, you want to be around them, telling people about them. You're willing to sacrifice your happiness for theirs. That person consumes your every thought and preoccupies your motivations... Thats what its like to be obsessed, and thats how I feel about God. 

I can't explain it to you completely. I just feel like my heart could jump out of my chest. I think about Him, I read His word and I talk to Him and I only continue to want more. To know him more, to seek Him more, to clear the clutter out of my life and make room for Him. I thought that I was hungry before, but I'm hungrier every day. I'm desperate for Him.  The more I seek Him, The less anything in this world satisfies me. 

God's word says "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."  Psalm 37:4

He is my hearts desire.

I know this wont makes sense to a lot of people, including Christian friends, but I'm just completely in awe of Him. His mercy, love, grace, kindness.. its all more than I can even begin to understand. I want His perfect will in my life, I want His complete control over my life. I pine after living righteously, and not because I'm obligated, but because I WANT to, I CHOOSE to please Him with my words, thoughts and actions. 

I choose to die daily, to pick up my cross and follow HIM like a lovesick bride follows her groom. 

when you stop focusing on the world around you, and you start focusing on the LORD. When your motivation comes not from pleasing your friends or even your family but after pursuit of God your desires WILL change. 

"You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart" Jeremiah 29:13

No comments:

Post a Comment